Resources by School District:
Bellevue School District
Everett School District
Issaquah School District
Lake Washington School District
Northshore School District
Renton School District
Shoreline School District
Local Food Banks
- Child Care Aware of Washington —This statewide nonprofit operates a database of licensed child care providers. Search the database online or call its Family Center Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at 1-800-446-1114.
- Boys & Girls Club — Select Boys & Girls Clubs will be offering a full day of care for school-aged children at their clubs around Seattle. Find your local club here and call them to find out their hours. Capacity at each club will be limited to 250, including staff. Everyone who enters the club will be screened for symptoms. Bellevue Boys & Girls Club will also be offering full days of care. Find out more here.
Mental Health Support:
- Disaster Distress Helpline – 1-800-985-5990 — This 24/7/365 service from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration provides crisis counseling for people going through both natural and human-caused disasters. It’s free, multi-lingual and confidential. You can also text TalkWithUs to 66746.
- TeenLink — Washington-based service staffed by teen volunteers who receive 60 hours of training and often have experienced mental health issues themselves. The service can connect teens to local resources as well. Call 1-866-TEENLINK (833-6546) to talk by phone from 6-10 p.m. nightly or text from 6-9:30 p.m. every night. You can also call, chat or text in to connect with an adult substance use specialist from 1-6 p.m. Tues-Sat.
- Crisis Connections – 866-427-4747 — This 24/7 number provides immediate support and resources for people in emotional crisis and will help you determine if you or your loved one needs professional help.
- King County Public Library Online Resources – Everything from children’s book to online documentaries.
- University of Washington – Resource guide for Early Childhood
- University of Washington – Resource guide for Elementary aged children
- Scholastic – Scholastic has launched a “Learn at Home” website that has daily courses for students from Pre-kindergarten to grades 6 and higher.
- Khan Academy – Free YouTube instructional videos in a wide range of content areas. Parents can view and track their child’s progress.
- Khan Academy Kids – Free interactive learning app for kids ages 2-7. Available on Apple devices.
- CK-12 Foundation – Free online learning resource for grades 1-12.
- 123 Homeschool 4 Me – Offers free printable worksheets for all subjects, pre-K through high school.
- Discovery K12 – A free homeschool platform with online resources for ages pre-K through grade 12.
- Marginal Revolution University (MRU) – Free economics courses offered at the K-12 levels.
- TED‐ Ed – TED‐ Ed offers a free suite of high‐ quality videos on a variety of topics for learners of all ages.
- Academic Earth – View hours of free lectures and course materials from leading universities.
- Alison – Offering a range of free online courses in all subjects.
- Codecademy – Codecademy offers free access to basic lessons, with the option to pay for more advanced courses if your child gets really into it.
- Prodigy Math – An online math program that uses a fun video game‐ style interface to engage learners. Both free and paid versions available.
- Bedtime Math – A free app (iPhone and Android) offering mini math lessons for kids ages 4-9.
- Times Tables Rock Stars – Free (for up to 60 days) access to math facts tests, both printable and online.
- DreamBox – Online math lessons for kids grades K-8. Also available in Spanish. Sign up for a 90 day free trial through April 30.
- Delta Math – A free website for middle school through high school math content.
- Dog on a Log Books – Free downloadable learning materials including printable board games, books, and phonics flashcards.
- Dreamscape – A free interactive literacy game for grades 2-8. Available on the Google Play or Apple App store.
- No Red Ink – A free, online writing and grammar resource that helps learners of all ages to practice and refine their writing skills.
- Bunk History – A free digital archive or American history.
- Active History – Students ages 11-18 can learn about history through interactive simulations, games, quizzes, and worksheets. Free for one month.
- Mystery Science – Mystery Science is offering free memberships for up to one year, with engaging lessons in a variety of science‐ related areas.
- Vroom – Science tips and printables for kids 0-5.
- Club SciKidz – Find free cooking and science activities on their blog.
- Backpack Sciences - Free videos for hands-on, elementary science lessons.
- Biology Simulations – Free virtual labs for biology topics.
- ChemMatters – Magazine content available online for high school students.
- Duolingo – Free online learning tools in 36 languages.
- BetterChinese (Mandarin) – Chinese language lessons for preK through college. Free one-month trial.
- FluentKey – Educational videos in Chinese, English, French, and Spanish. One month of professional service is being offered for free with code STAYSAFE; basic subscription is always free.
- Busy Kids Do Piano at Home – One month of free lessons with code PIANOATHOME.
- Flat – A music education platform connecting students in real-time.
- Chrome Music Lab – Free hands-on music experiments.
- Music Theory – Free music theory lessons and exercises. They also offer two low-cost iOS apps.
Physical Education and Health
- Walkabouts – A temporarily free website integrating movement with language, math, and reading content for kids ages pre-K through second grade.
- Carone Learning – Health and physical education classes for grades K-12. Free through the end of the school year.
- GoNoodle – Video-based movement and mindfulness exercises.
- Little Twisters Yoga and Emotional Wellness – Free yoga products for kids.
Theater & Art
- Digital Theater Plus – A temporarily free resource offering access to theater productions, backstage insights, and interviews.
- Artrageous With Nate – A free digital series exploring creativity around the globe.
- Creating a Masterpiece – Fine art training for kids ages 5+. Free access for one month with code Corona2020.
- Arttango – Free online art lessons for kindergarten through grade 5 students.
Free Online Museum Tours: