I enjoy supporting children and adolescents in their journey to adulthood, providing them the environment they need to achieve their fullest potential.
Dr. Kari Kuenn joined our practice in 2022. She attended the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) for her undergraduate education before attending the University of California, Irvine, College of Medicine. She completed her residency at Children’s Hospital of Orange County and a fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.
Dr. Kuenn’s experience in critical care medicine led to her interest in the effects of trauma on development and mental health in the pediatric population. She sees the potential in all children and adolescents and enjoys helping them navigate the unique challenges they face. Dr. Kuenn believes that by supporting her patients, she can help them define and strive for their best life.
Dr. Kuenn has a unique role at Allegro. She specializes in mental health evaluation, diagnosis, and medication management and sees patients only via telehealth. Because Allegro has a limited number of behavioral health specialists, Dr. Kuenn is available only to qualifying patients who receive their general pediatric care at Allegro and are referred by their primary care provider (PCP).
Dr. Kuenn recently relocated to the Pacific Northwest from Southern California, where she grew up and raised her two sons. She describes her family as musical, gaming, animal-loving, and tech-driven. Dr. Kuenn loves learning and developing new skills. She is certified in yoga and professional coaching and is currently training in the art of compassionate inquiry. In the little spare time she has, Dr. Kuenn enjoys a well-crafted TV show or movie, music of all types, and reading.
* This provider is virtual-only and available only to established Allegro patients who have had a wellness exam within the past year. Please ask your regular Allegro pediatrician for a referral if you are interested in an appointment with Dr. Kuenn.
- Undergraduate: University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- Medical School: University of California, Irvine, College of Medicine, Irvine, CA
- Residency: Children’s Hospital of Orange County, Orange, CA
- Other: Fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA
Monday , Tuesday , Wednesday , Sunday , Thursday